Important message for authors
Important message for authors
- Camera-Ready Papers Due June 7, 2021
- Video Presentation Recorded in SlidesLive June 25, 2021
- Video Presentations Ready for Upload to DL July 1, 2021
What’s New for KDD 2021
To maximize the benefit of a virtual conference for both authors and participants, KDD 2021 will feature the following new practices:
- KDD offers the platform to make all accepted papers together with the presentation videos available online to all registered participants one month before the actual conference date, so that readers can better digest and appreciate the papers and interact with authors through Rocket.Chat, an online chat tool.
- KDD has contracted with a service that will record and manage the videos for the virtual conference. We will use SlidesLive, and you’ll be receiving an email from them shortly with detailed instructions and a unique link to use for recording. Please note that the hard deadline for recording your video is June 25, 2021. Videos not in SlidesLive by this due date will be in danger of not being included in the virtual platform.
- Once you record your video and it is edited by the SlidesLive team, you’ll receive a notification that you can download a copy of the video for use in the ACM Digital Library. Please see the information on the DL videos below.
- Presentation video length: 20 min maximum.
- Submission deadline: June 25, 2021.
- Preferred time zone for live session:
- Please indicate your preferred time zone for the live session so that we will try our best to accommodate. (e.g., PST)
- Live session:
- Each full paper will have 20-minute live presentation at the actual conference. We strongly suggest authors to use at most 15 minutes to present their work, followed by at least 5 minutes to respond to questions, discussions and further elaborate on their paper based on the interactions online during the one month before the conference. Authors are required to present live at the session. It is only under rare circumstances with unexpected technical issues that we would play the pre-recorded presentation videos.
- Every session would have a mini-panel of 10 minutes at the end of the session on topics of common interests to this session. All authors within this session would participate. We will collect topics from both the authors and participants. Session chairs would chair the panel. This is designed to attract people to attend live sessions and encourage interactions.
KDD Proceedings Information
- Please review the preparation. instructions: http://www.scomminc.com/pp/acmsig/kdd.htm
- Submission Deadline: On or before June 7, 2021. This is a HARD deadline, please ensure that you meet this camera-ready deadline.
- You should expect two emails:
- First from email@example.com with their submission id# with link to submit/upload their final
- Second from ACM Rights review to the lead contact author only for the ACM eform to be completed
EDI Statement for KDD 2021
- Please take a moment to careful go through our webpage at https://kdd.org/kdd2021/attending/view/kdd-2021-edi-inclusive-language for updates on the steps we are taking to enhance the inclusivity and diversity of the KDD community.
Optional Authors Presentation Videos for the Digital Library
As conferences are still being held virtually, these optional videos are a benefit to attendees and for posterity of the proceedings. ACM & Sheridan have teamed up to collect up to 20 min recorded presentation videos for each paper and abstract (authors & speakers). See FPGA’21 in the ACM DL and the optional presentation videos included with the full and short papers. https://dl.acm.org/doi/proceedings/10.1145/3431920 Sample of guidelines: http://www.scomminc.com/pp/acmsig/FPGA-present-video.htm & http://www.scomminc.com/pp/acmsig/CODASPY-present-video.htm
These videos can be downloaded from SlidesLive and uploaded into the DL/Proceedings, saving authors a step in the process.
For proceeding related matters: firstname.lastname@example.org
For SliveLive recording related matters: Kristi Audette <email@example.com>