(Published: Tue, January 05, 2021) - View All Updates
Post KDD Notes
We are pleased to share much of the KDD 2020 Virtual Conference content with our KDD community! Please access the videos for tracks, keynotes and invited talks here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn0nrSd4xjja7AD3aY9Jxmr820gx59EQC
Announcing Best Paper Awards
Research Best Paper Award
1733 On Sampled Metrics for Item Recommendation
Walid Krichene: Google; Steffen Rendle: Google
(Presentation time: Thursday August 27 1:30-3:30PM, Poster Time: Thursday August 27 6:00-7:00PM)
Research Best Paper Runner-up
535 Malicious Attacks against Deep Reinforcement Learning Interpretations
Mengdi Huai: University of Virginia; Jianhui Sun: University of Virginia; Renqin Cai: University of Virginia; Liuyi Yao: University of New York at Buffalo; Aidong Zhang: University of Virginia
(Presentation time: Tuesday August 25 4:00-6:00PM, Poster Time: Tuesday August 25 7:00-8:00PM)
Research Best Student Paper Award
812 TIPRDC: Task-Independent Privacy-Respecting Data Crowdsourcing Framework for Deep Learning with Anonymized Intermediate Representations
Ang Li: Duke University; Yixiao Duan: Beihang University; Huanrui Yang: Duke University; Yiran Chen: Duke University; Jianlei Yang: Beihang University
(Presentation time: Tuesday August 25 1:30-3:30PM, Poster Time: Tuesday August 25 6:00-7:00PM)
Applied Data Science Best Paper
Temporal-Contextual Recommendation in Real-Time by Yifei Ma, Murali Balakrishnan Narayanaswamy, Haibin Lin and Hao Ding from Amazon. The paper will be presented on Tuesday August 25, 10:00am-12:00pm.
GENERAL ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS for our Virtual Event
- VFairs platform with virtual reality effects blends the spatial with the virtual. You enter the lobby and find yourself in the middle of the action with sponsor booths, meeting spaces, and conference halls. You can access the platform at https://kddvirtual2020.vfairs.com/#Login starting Sunday, August 23. Our team has sent a separate email with detailed instructions on accessing VFairs. If you have registered and have not received your instructions/credentials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. NAVIGATION TIPS and FAQs
- Whova self-guided virtual conference platform as in earlier KDD conferences complete with conference content. Whova is available as a mobile app or as a web app from your computer at https://whova.com/portal/webapp/kdd_202008/. There is no need for a registration code as long as you use the email address that you used for registering the conference. As before, you can create your own schedule in your time-zone and use networking channels to meet attendees and presenters as well as accessing papers, pre-recorded videos and live zoom. Here’s a tutorial video introducing how to use Whova for virtual conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEjYxUdYgSs
- We will reach out to you daily through our newsletter and website with latest information, highlights of the program, any schedule updates, and answers to frequent questions.
We are excited that you can join KDD 2020 from across the globe. We look forward to meeting you virtually and building our friendships for the years to come.
KDD 2020 General co-Chair
Rajesh Gupta and Yan Liu
Register Today! Log in to VFairs Log in to Whova
This demonstration video shows you the virtual interface for KDD 2020. Learn more about how to participate, join the conversation, and meet your peers.
Attendee Tips for the KDD Virtual Conference
- Ensure your location has a stable internet connection, this will avoid the virtual meeting lagging out. Typically, an internet speed of 5-10mbps will suffice. Check your internet speed at https://www.speedtest.net/.
- Be sure your browsers are updated to the most current version.
- The virtual platform is HTML5 based, there is no need to download flash.
- NOTE: Attendees based in Mainland China may need a VPN to view the pre-recorded session content.
- For a smoother experience within the platform, we suggest you enable pop ups on your device.
- Be prepared to engage and interact with presenters through Chat Q&A during the conference.
- We encourage you to interact with other attendees through the networking lounge area of the virtual platform.
- Be sure to visit the Exhibit Hall and interact with our sponsors and exhibitors
- It may be helpful to download Zoom prior to the virtual meeting. To download Zoom go to https://zoom.us/signup. Zoom can be used to have one on one video conversations for exhibitors, sponsors and attendees you chat with in the platform. A free account is all you will need for this event.
- Utilize the virtual help desk within the platform for any questions, concerns or issues you have during the event.
- Create your schedule in the Whova app (instructions will be shared mid-August)
- Attend all KDD session either real-time or at your leisure, all content is available throughout the week!
The annual KDD conference is the premier interdisciplinary conference bringing together researchers and practitioners from data science, data mining, knowledge discovery, large-scale data analytics, and big data.
August 23 -27, 2020
Registration is available throughout the conference.
How can we assist you?
We'll be updating the website as information becomes available. If you have a question that requires immediate attention, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!
Please enter the word you see in the image below: